Join the East Side Employment Exchange and Merrick Community Services, who are dedicated to increasing economic capacity, creating /expanding career pathway training opportunities, and eliminating barriers to employment.
Organization and Position Goals
Merrick Community Services’ mission is to improve the lives of the residents of the East Side of Saint Paul by empowering individuals, strengthening families, and promoting their independence. We achieve our missing through various strategies: Employment, Family, Food Shelf, Senior, and Youth Services.
This VISTA project focuses on delivering employment services differently on the East Side, by forging and supporting a different relationship between and among jobseekers, employers, and community service providers via ESEWC (East Side Employment & Workforce Collaborative) and MCS (Merrick Community Services), while identifying and implementing strategies and tactics that will address racial and economic disparities on the East Side.
- Build capacity of the ESEWC by creating more effective systems to support trusting and productive relationships between its members.
- Research principles and practices for maintaining positive relationships between community service providers and job seeking East Siders. Develop a plan to integrate those practices within the community of service providers.
- Build capacity for the East Side Employment xChange by developing systems and processes that facilitate long-lasting and effective relationships between community service providers and employers.
- Build Merrick Community Services’ capacity by enhancing and expanding current Employment Services strategies, services, and programs.
- Engage with the Nexus CWB Cohort (Nexus Community Partners, City of Lakes Community Land Trust (CLCLT), Merrick Community Services, Northside Economic Opportunity Network (NEON) and Appetite for Change (AFC) to build capacity through shared learning activities, communications and aligned programming.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $300 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
- $25 per month Reimbursement of phone plan
- $150 Grocery monthly*
*Value of Monthly Visit to MCS Food Shelf
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!