Join Nexus’ dynamic team and help us build more engaged and powerful communities of color by elevating community wealth building efforts in the Twin Cities!
Organization and Position Goals
Nexus Community Partners is a community building and funding intermediary working at the intersection of community organizations, philanthropy, public institutions and community development corporations. Our mission is to build more engaged and powerful communities of color. The organization builds equitable and just communities through the framework of authorship (community engagement), leadership (cultivating power) and ownership (community wealth building). Nexus advances its mission and goals by focusing on three key activities: Strengthening Organizations. Nexus builds the capacity of community-based organizations through our funding and our on-the-ground capacity building assistance. Aligning and Amplifying Resources. We intentionally connect neighborhoods to local, regional and national institutions, decision-making bodies and economic opportunities. Developing Innovative Initiatives. Nexus creates the space and provides support to innovative initiatives that advance equity and sustainable change. Within our framework and key activity areas, the Nexus Community Wealth Building VISTA Cohort project is an innovative initiative that strengthens the capacity of our partners and works to elevate the field of Community Wealth Building (CWB). The project also works to advance strategies beyond traditional poverty reduction approaches that hold greater promise in eliminating racial and economic disparities and create wealth in communities of color.
- Refine the curriculum and learning tools developed in the pilot phase of the Culturally-Based Technical Assistance Cohort and Northstar Black Cooperative Economics Fellowship.
- Build upon learnings from year 1 CWB VISTA sub-cohort by creating new learning tools for year 2 CWB VISTA Cohort partners and refine existing training modules in order to expand broad-based understanding and utilization of the Community Wealth Building Framework and related strategies.
- Launch a pilot program that engages community members in increasing knowledge of cooperative businesses models.
- Engage with the Nexus CWB Cohort– Nexus Community Partners, City of Lakes Community Land Trust (CLCLT), Merrick Community Services, Northside Economic Opportunity Network (NEON) and Appetite for Change (AFC) to build capacity through shared learning activities, communications and aligned programming.
- Launch a cross sector partnership to pilot a Cooperative Business Development Initiative that will increase jobs and business ownership in communities of color.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $700 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!