Help develop the next generation of change makers in Minnesota! Refine your coaching, mentoring, planning, recruitment and leadership skills through the C3 Twin Cities VISTA Program.
Organization and Position Goals
The Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of Minnesota is a private family foundation created in 1944. The mission of the Foundation is to honor the legacy of its founders by supporting efforts that address the unmet human and social needs of individuals, families, and communities that have the least access to resources. In addition to grant making, the Foundation sponsors an AmeriCorps VISTA Program–which the VISTA Leader would work to support. C3 TwinCities connects career, cause, and community through a service year that elevates the skills and professional relationships of the next generation of community leaders. In partnership with the Pohlad Family Foundation and Nexus Community Partners, C3 Twin Cities engages VISTAs in efforts that: support Minneapolis students to succeed in strong schools and shape their own educational experience; rekindle the dreams of youth by connecting them to career pathway and post-secondary opportunities; build vibrant local economies through community wealth building strategies. Together, our VISTAs form a cohort that participates in biweekly professional development, team building and volunteering during their year of service. Through this multipronged approach, our VISTAs will support change strategies during critical moments of an individual’s life! We achieve this in a strong peer learning environment, supported through a robust biweekly professional development plan. Help C3 Twin Cities develop the next generation of change makers in Minnesota!
- Meet 1:1 with VISTAs to learn about their professional goals & support them in getting connected to opportunities for growth. Coach and mentor as needed.
- Work with Program Manager to plan biweekly professional development opportunities centered on personal leadership, racial equity, nonprofit management and other relevant topics.
- Plan & execute communications and marketing strategies to increase the visibility of the VISTA project.
- Support recruitment efforts for the following VISTA program year: develop marketing materials, build upon existing relationships with educational institutions and community groups; explore untapped recruitment opportunities.
- Participate in other activities related to the broader philanthropic work of the Foundation, if interested.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $350 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!