Join the Northside Economic Opportunity Network (NEON) help us as we expand economic development opportunities, while, building wealth for low to moderate income entrepreneurs in North Minneapolis!
Organization and Position Goals
Northside Economic Opportunity Network (NEON) expands economic development opportunities and build wealth for low- to moderate-income entrepreneurs in north Minneapolis and surrounding communities. We create unique growth opportunities for business owners through our programs, marketplace opportunities and social enterprise divisions. Last year we created unique growth opportunities for business owners through our programs, marketplace opportunities and social enterprise divisions. We nearly doubled our operating budget through increased grant funding, partnerships and 21st century co-working space. We are driven by the impact we make as entrepreneurs start, grow and thrive in Minneapolis and the surrounding communities we serve. Key programs of the organization include: Business Services; Business Incubator Programs, Small Business Workshop, NEON Spaces, Marketplaces, Enterprises.
The overall goal of this VISTA position is to assist and build capacity and sustainability strategies and tactics in community engagement, business development, and communications areas at NEON. If successful, more entrepreneurs and small business owners will have the resources and tools to start and/ or grow their business hereby contributing to thriving local economics.
- Develop a community engagement strategy around NEON’s programming and service in collaboration with the Community Engagement team;
- Develop strategies around data collection (qualitative and quantitative and mixed methods) of North Minneapolis businesses (supply and demand in North Minneapolis. Share findings with Community Engagement team for feedback;
- Analyze NEON’s current and on-going curated events (Eat on the Avenue, Black Friday on Broadway, Retail Pop-Up Boutiques) and work with community engagement team to continuously improve events through planning and testing new strategies.
- Work with Business Development team to create and execute strategies around a more effective data tracking and management systems;
- Meet with Business Development team to better understand NEON’s business services. Post meeting develop processing strategies on how to grow, improve, expand or change client engagement with NEON services;
- Work with NEON staff, marketing and communications team to develop an integrated social media and marketing campaign;
- Assist Marketing and Communication team with the development of online learning platform (content, curriculum, and resources).
Additional C3 Benefits
- $400 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!