Join the Henry Family and the POWERFUL Northside Community to design an internship program grounded in equity and experiential learning in order to build students capacity to adapt, survive and thrive in the fast-changing world.
Organization and Position Goal
Patrick Henry High School is a diverse community that values and supports the experiences of inquiry and learning through meaningful opportunities that bring intercultural understanding to our scholars, our educators, our neighbors and our world. This coming year Patrick Henry will pilot an experiential learning and an in-depth internship that teaches the workplace skills that students need to be successful. Internships are a powerful tool to provide students with authentic learning experiences, connected to their communities and the real world, and aligned to their interests and passions. Internships provide a space for students’ talents and interests to grow and thrive in genuine ways. By breaking down the classroom walls and extending learning out into the community, students develop agency, ownership, and choice while accelerating and deepening learning.
This position will help us imagine and co-create an internship program/framework grounded in equity, experiential learning, and real world skill development in order to build students capacity to adapt, survive and thrive in the fast-changing world.
- Through partnership with Big Picture and Venture Academies, research best practices, design curriculum and build sustainability systems for internship program implementation.
- Create a plan and sustaining structures to build partnerships with community members and institutions that want to be involved with the pilot internship program.
- Build communications and marketing capacity around the internship program by developing a streamlined communication plan between school staff and internship sites in order to easily collect data, communicate important information, and track students’ internships.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $200 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
How to apply:
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!