Ensure young people experiencing homelessness have equal opportunity to pursue their education and employment goals and an equal likelihood of achieving them.
Organization and Position Goals
YouthLink is a recognized leader in the Twin Cities and beyond for our work to build pathways of opportunity for young people (ages 16 – 23) experiencing homelessness and housing instability. Our youth-focused team provides innovative, evidence-based services that guide youth on a holistic level toward futures of education, employment, health and wellness, and housing stability. Since 2011, YouthLink has been home to the Youth Opportunity Center (YOC), a first-of-its-kind collaborative center where over 30 community partners make vital resources available onsite to provide efficient and effective interventions and strategies for youth in crisis.
The Career Pathways Coordinator VISTA will help to improve the capacity of YouthLink’s Career Pathways Program, which connects young people to pathways into employment and education. Key activities will include research of related programs and best practices, development of sustainable processes and policies, and expansion of community resources and relationships that support YouthLink’s efforts to connect youth with career pathway opportunities.
- Integrate youth employment services and youth education services by creating systems and procedures that enhance coordination and alignment of Career Pathway partners.
- Build capacity of the Career Pathways Center by creating systems and procedures to include and incorporate youth voice in program design. This can include, tutor recruitment strategies, program delivery and other aspects to be determined.
- Build capacity for Youthlink to evaluate Career Pathways Center in a more effective, consistent and accurate way.
- The Opportunity Youth VISTA Sub – Cohort will increase broad-based understanding and implementation of key strategies within the ecosystem of opportunity youth providers in order to improve educational and employment outcomes for young people experiencing homelessness.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $200 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
- $45 in monthly phone plan
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!