Make an impact on STEM Education by joining North High School’s NSTEM Academy. Empower students, staff, and community members to get involved in STEM, and innovate STEM education for the future.
Organization and Position Goals
North Community High School is the oldest existing high school in Minneapolis, MN. We are an urban, public school that serves grades 9-12, located in North Minneapolis. North High School offers students two academies with different focus areas, Academy of Arts and Communications (NAAC) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (NSTEM). We are a community traditionally rich in the arts, and we are in the process of building economic and community stability through innovation and community commitment.
In this VISTA position, you will be an integral member in community outreach work, marketing North’s unique programs, and you will be interconnected to students, staff, and our larger community at North by helping to integrate and manage Project Based learning opportunities in STEM.
- Develop a plan and implementation strategy for a student internship program.
- Develop the U of MN Design studio space, perhaps meshing the maker space/flexible learning spaces together in time. – Establish and grow NSTEM interdisciplinary projects and partnerships.
- Expand Marketing, Communications and Website capacity of North High, specifically NSTEM.
- Build North’s capacity to plan and execute the “STEM Fair” by expanding marketing and communication, volunteer management, resource generations.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $200 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=72157&fromSearch=true
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!