Join KIPP Minnesota to champion high quality college prep education in North Minneapolis. Help create and champion external messaging supporting transformational educational opportunities.
Organization and Position Goals
The mission of KIPP Minnesota is to establish & operate high performing public schools in the Twin Cities that confront educational inequity by delivering academic excellence & cultivating leadership skills to ensure all students succeed in college and life. The Communications and Development Coordinator will play an essential role in increasing KIPP’s visibility and creating community partnerships.
- Collect Evidence of Impact for Community Communications – (website features, foundation reports, event collateral, donor impact statements, social media, other). With two schools and an alumni population scattered among many high schools and colleges it is challenging to track and manage accomplishments, milestones, and progress. We want to share these features with potential donors and with current donors who enjoy hearing how their support impacts KIPP. Create brand aligned templates for external communications. Develop strategy for tracking, distributing, and archiving materials.
- Develop Social Media Plan (Facebook – KIPP MN and KTC; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; other.) KIPP currently has an array of social media platforms for different audiences. However, there is not a consistent voice or adherence to brand standards. The VISTA will develop a comprehensive plan across the schools and the region to message through social media the successes and stories collected through research conducted by VISTA.
- Expand Community Partner Network. VISTA will develop a plan and implementation strategy to identify and build partnerships with local organizations/individual who are interested in supporting KIPP through in-kind donations, pro-bono services, and volunteering. Many KIPP families have a number of unmet needs, including proper winter clothing, school supplies, etc. In addition, KIPP has school needs that are not met through funding.
Additional C3 Benefits
- $400 of monthly housing support
- $50 monthly gas card or $95 monthly bus pass
- $400 professional development fund
Apply through MyAmeriCorps at this link:
You will have to create a profile through MyAmeriCorps. After we have received your application, we will be in touch within 48 hours about next steps!