March 17, 2020
Re: Change of Office Status to Remote Working due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
At The Jay & Rose Phillips Family Foundation of Minnesota, we understand the severity COVID-19, also known as the novel coronavirus, presents to our community, our country and our world. We take seriously the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control to prevent the spread of the virus. In order to keep our staff, their families and our neighbors healthy and safe, we believe now is the time for extraordinary action. The Governor has advised and urged Minnesotans to follow the Minnesota Department of Health’s recommended community mitigation strategies, including finding ways to expand remote working as much as possible during the outbreak
Effective immediately, we will be changing our office status to “Remote Working” until April 6, 2020.
- Our staff will be working remotely during this time and will be available by email, phone and/or other virtual platforms to conduct necessary business and keep our work moving forward.
- All in-person meetings will be temporarily suspended with few exceptions.
- We will not be participating in work-related group events or travel of any kind until April 15, 2020 at the earliest.
- All meetings currently scheduled between now and April 6, 2020 will be either rescheduled for a later date or converted into a phone/virtual platform meeting. Our staff will be in touch with you to make alternative arrangements for currently scheduled meetings.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and adjust these measures as needed. We will communicate any additional decisions about the functioning of our office as well as our response to the urgent family and community needs that will surface over the next several weeks and months as these decisions are made. We sincerely hope our grantees, our community partners and our stakeholders will consider similar measures to help ease the spread of the COVID-19.
During these next several weeks, an abundance of caution is critical. We must now, more than ever, take extraordinary care of one another and know that we are all in this together. It is within our collective power to change the trajectory of this pandemic if we choose decisive action now.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a phone meeting, please contact any of our staff and we will be more than happy to respond. Our individual contact information is below.
- The Trustees and staff of The Jay & Rose Phillips Family Foundation of Minnesota
- Patrick Troska, President, 612-623-1655, email@example.com
- Joel Luedtke, Program Director, 612-623-1651, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracy Lamparty, Grants & Operations Manager, 612-623-1656, email@example.com
- E. Coco, Program Officer, 612-623-1652, firstname.lastname@example.org